Careers with Teachworks
Teachworks is currently looking for responsible & motivated people to fill the following positions.
Senior Full Stack Developer with Ruby on Rails Experience
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced, full stack developer with Ruby on Rails experience to play a leadership role on our growing team in Burlington, Ontario.
- Developing high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software using Ruby on Rails
- Technical planning and architectural decision-making for a high-availability SaaS application.
- Performing upgrades and infrastructure changes.
- Developing new add-ons, integrations and improvements to our application.
- Practicing test-driven development.
- Supporting the efforts of our design, front-end, support, and marketing functions.
- Helping develop new stand-alone, software programs.
- 5+ years full stack web development, 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Computer Science Degree or Similar Experience
- Solid fundamental understanding of web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others
- Be located near Burlington, ON.
- You have a strong bias for simplicity and high-quality, scalable code.
- You can make informed technology and implementation decisions and justify them.
- You enjoy taking ownership of tasks from inception to implementation.
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience building scalable API services in Ruby
- Interested in areas such as machine learning and AI
Our small team environment provides a variety of unique opportunities and benefits.
- You'll have the opportunity to develop leadership skills and make high-level decisions related to software architecture, design and development practices.
- We work smart, not long.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies.
- A fun and relaxed work environment.
- A rapidly growing customer base.
- Profit sharing, health insurance, & free coffee.
How to Apply
To apply please send us an email at email@example.com with information about yourself, a resume and some samples of your work.